Your Journey to Becoming a Youth Entrepreneur
A Step by Step WorkBook
“Young trees result into a flourishing and regenerating forest”. African Proverb
In a country where youth unemployment is at worrying levels, there has never been a better time for a practical, step-by-step guide that can be used to mentor young aspiring entrepreneurs. This workbook sees the author Ignatius Odongo guide the reader through the journey of entrepreneurship, step-by-step. The goal? To assist in growing aspiring youth into future entrepreneurs.
Specifically written as a tool to facilitate guided conversations between the mentee and the mentor, the author uses simple language, ensuring that the intimidating topic of entrepreneurship remains easily understandable. This workbook features a unique 12-module programme, including assignments that ensure that the reader can progressively refine new business ideas to become viable products or services.
The 12-step programme covers the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, including:
- How to search for and identify opportunities in your communities that match your interests and aspirations
- Identifying potential products or services that solve community problems
- Shaping and preparing your new business to succeed in the market
- Identifying and evaluating different financing options available for your new business
- How to put together a selling business plan
- How to check if your new business remains healthy